Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Free Clipart & Travel Ephemera~ Nelson's Dream Village On Route 66 ~ Vintage Postcards of Cars & Adventure

August 8, 2021 
I am checking out my early posts. My goodness! Some of them are quite skimpy. I have added  8 postcards and graphics
This is the  second post of the day as I was not able to add all the images to the first one. Why one asks? Well I don't know why! Just when I think I know how to do something(especially with my computer) it just will not do what it's suppose to do! On this rainy day in "sunny" California I am having a wonderful time playing with the scanner, uploading so many new images. It continues to be such a good feeling to share with all of you. The blog world is really worldwide. People from 18 different countries have stopped by! How amazing! What search was the person in Madagascar doing when they stumbled on to my blog? Hope my continued amazement at all of this doesn't wear you out. I am just showing my  gray hair. This is just so much fun. Please continue to leave your comments. It is nice to hear from you.
   I was going to make a big celebration for the 100th image but it came and went so quickly.
Today I will be over 150 images, all in the first month of bumble button's creation..
The postcards are from my family so they must have stayed here. My grandparents drove across the country to the old family farm in New York once. My guess is the 1930s
 On the back of the post card;
" See and hear the musical fountain
 cool nights in the Ozark mountains
free garage
strictly modern moderate prices
chicken dinners a specialty good fishing and hunting in season" 
I found out that the village does not exist any more. Link to the Dream Village history.
California always calls me home!
I made this card for metal buttons with a car motif. Possible gift tag,
This button card never made it off my desk. 
I miss my button job so much. I thought it would look nice with black glass buttons or the car ones.
Another button card.
Lots more to post in the future, maybe even latter tonight. Much love to you, Louise

2 comments:

Sandie R said...

Nelson's Dream Village intrigued me so I googled it and found this http://www.legendsofamerica.com/mo-lebanon2.html

You have some really great images on your blog and I will be sure to visit often. When I make art from them I try to link back if not to the actual image then at least to your blog.

bumble button said...

Sandie, your picture with the little girl is beautiful!Live the life you have imagined is perfect with your images.Nelson's Dream Village was actually from a dream!Thank you for the link.So glad you found bumble button. Much love,Louise